In 2005, the Athlete Endowment Fund was established by the Bunker Club with the intention of awarding grants to shooting sport athletes to help offset the cost of competitions, equipment, ammunition, travel and training in hopes of maintaining USA Shooting’s competitive excellence well into the future. The goal of the endowment is to build a strong foundation of USA Shooting athletes by assisting with development of their shooting skills needed to become high-level competitors and Olympians.
In 2015, the Endowment awarded grants to 18 athletes totaling $27,000. The following year USAS was extremely pleased to award 27 grants totaling $36,500. As the endowment continues to grow with the help of generous donors, it is expected that the grant totals could reach $50,000 in 2017.
After the initial fundraising task was completed, Bunker Club members then decided to make a long-term commitment to USA Shooting athletes. They set forth to establish an endowment of $3 million in which, to date, have successfully raised $1.6 million. Their continued support of athletes is amazing, and we are forever grateful.
Application criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must have a current USA Shooting event classification;
- Demonstrated potential in both skill and commitment are required;
- USA Shooting membership is required at the time of application;
- A grant application must be received at USA Shooting no later than January 30, 2017. Please include an athlete headshot with your application.
- Members of the Junior Olympic Squad (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun) may apply for grants.
- Members of the USA Shooting Teams who are already receiving financial assistance are not eligible for endowment grants.
- Applications can be mailed or scanned and emailed to: USA Shooting, Attn: Endowment Grant Committee, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909; email Patsy Woods.
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
Attn: Athlete Endowment
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
To pay by credit card, please call (719) 866-4743.
USA Shooting has an agreement with RallyMe for peer-to-peer fundraising. As a supporting partner we have prioritized access to their support center.