¤ Introduction to Pistol Shooting (for new and beginning shooters)
- Confidence, by Assistant National Junior Pistol Coach Eric Pueppke. USA Shooting News, September/October 2010. "You may be confident, but do you really believe in yourself?" As you develop into an elite pistol shooter, don't let your confidence lag behind.
- Common Mistakes of Junior Shooters, by Assistant National Junior Pistol Coach Steve Faught. USA Shooting News, September/October 2011. Take the time to develop the fundamentals such as natural point of aim and grip and trigger placement before you advance to the next level.
- Planning for Your Match, by National Pistol Coach Sergey Luzov. USA Shooting News, November/December 2011. Do you know your competition and training schedule? What about fitness needs before a match? Do you have a pre-match strategy? This article will help you identify things to take care of before shooting a match.
¤ Pistol Equipment
- Grip Fitting 101, by SFC Richard Merrill, USAMU International Pistol Armorer. USA Shooting News, January/February 2009. A first article of a series on how-to create a custom fit on the grip on a precision pistol.
- Grip Fitting 103, by SFC Richard Merrill, USAMU International Pistol Armorer. USA Shooting News, July/August 2009. A how-to on custom fitting the grip on a precision pistol.
- Grip Fitting 104, by SFC Richard Merrill, USAMU International Pistol Armorer. USA Shooting News, September/October 2009. The next steps in a how-to on custom fitting grips on precision pistols.
- Care and Feeding of Your New Airgun, by Scott Pilkington. USA Shooting News, November/December 2009. Congratulations on the purchase of a new airgun! This article will help you learn best practices to keep your airgun in top shape and ensure accuracy.
- Grip & Gripping, by Assistant National Pistol Coach Vladimir Chichkov. USA Shooting News, March/April 2011. This article examines idea why a shooter should adjust his/her grip and principles he/she will need to follow to make the necessary changes.
¤ Pistol Training
- The Lateral Dumbbell Raise for Improving the Pistol Hold, by Jonathan Carlock, USOC Strength and Conditioning Coach. USA Shooting News, July/August 2009. Description of a practical exercise for strengthening the arm and improving the pistol shooter’s hold and ability to perform.
- Pistol Dry Fire Training, by SFC Keith Sanderson, 2008 Olympian. USA Shooting News, September/October 2009. How to establish a dry fire program as part of a high performance pistol training plan.
- Posture and Position, by Assistant National Pistol Coach Vladimir Chichkov. USA Shooting News, November/December 2010. Your posture and the position of your body/feet are two very important elements in the pistol discipline. From establishing a solid foundation to the position of the eyes, this article will help you develop a solid base for success.
- Isometric Training & Pistol Shooting, by Assistant National Pistol Coach Vladimir Chichkov. USA Shooting News, May/June 2011. Lifting weight is a good way to build overall strength, but consider also training your isometric (muscular work without movement) strength. This article offers drills to perform that can help improve your grip and hold through isometrics.
¤ Precision Pistol (Men's/Women's 10m Air Pistol, Men's 50m Free Pistol)
- Holding an Area, by Teresa Meyer, Pistol National Development Team. USA Shooting News, July/August 2010. A discussion of the various sight pictures used in pistol events.
- The Intricacies of Precision Shooting, by Ray Arredondo. USA Shooting News, May/June 2010. This article illustrates various methods of assuming shooting positions in the precision stages of an event.
¤ Dynamic Pistol (Women's 25m Sport Pistol & Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol)
- Pistol Lifts, by SFC Keith Sanderson, U.S. Army World Class Athlete Program. USA Shooting News, January/February 2010. An explanation of the pistol lift in dynamic events such as Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol and Women's 25m Sport Pistol.
- Lift, Aiming and Trigger Pull, by Assistant National Pistol Coach Vladimir Chichkov. USA Shooting News, July/August 2011. Chichkov's personal recipe for success in dynamic pistol events such as Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol. This article addresses the two phases of the lift, aiming and consistent trigger work.
- Rapid Fire Shooting Journal courtesy of Vladimir Chichkov & Pardini USA LLC.