Date of Birth: 01/01/1962
Hometown: Snowflake, Arizona
Events: Women’s 10m Air Pistol, Women’s 25m Sport Pistol
Brenda learned to shoot in the Orange County Sheriff's Police Explorer Program in 1979. She won the 1980 National Police Explorer Pistol Match and was invited to the Olympic Training Center. There she was introduced to air pistol. Brenda shot for two years as a junior and shot in the 1982 Nationals where she finished 11th place. She stopped shooting air pistol after that Nationals and joined the Orange County Sheriff's Department Pistol Team. She shot for three years as a distinguished master. She stopped competitively shooting in 1987 after the birth of her son. In 2006, after her son started college, Brenda came back on the shooting scene, earning top honors at the Nationals and Fall Selection and a spot on the National Team in air pistol.
Brenda is a retired peace officer having spent 30 years in law enforcement and retiring as a Lieutenant with the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at the Jurupa Valley Patrol Station. She graduated from Chapman University in 1998 with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and again in 2002 with a Master's degree in Organizational Leadership. In her spare time, Brenda enjoys camping, gardening, reading and refurbishing 1950's era "canned ham" trailers.
- 2015 Spring Selection, Bronze Medalist (Sport)
- 2014 National Championships, Silver Medalist (Sport)
- 2013 National Championships, Bronze Medalist (Sport)
- 2010 World Team member
- 2009 National Championships, Gold Medalist (Air)
- 2008 National Championships, Gold Medalist (Air)
- 2008 Olympian, 37th Place (Air)
- 2008 Airgun Olympic Trials, Silver Medalist
- 2007 National Championships, Bronze Medalist (Air); 6th (Sport)