Date of Birth: 10/17/1996
Hometown: Kansas City, Kansas
Event: Women's 10m Air Pistol
Got her start in shooting through 4-H, after tagging along to the range with her brother and father. Made the National Team as a 16-year-old, becoming one of the youngest members ever. Paterson won the Olympic quota at the 2015 ISSF World Cup in Munich when she finished in eighth place.
"I never really had an Olympic dream. I never thought I would be able to train hard enough to acquire the skills needed to compete at the International level. After making many sacrifices and spending countless hours on the range, my sport has transformed from a hobby into a passion. This season has been my most successful year yet and winning an Olympic quota in June has brought my Olympic dream to life. I am determined to earn my place on the 2016 Olympic Team. I have learned to never say never and to chase my dreams no matter how far away they may seem.”
More about Lydia Paterson here.
- 2016 Olympic Games, 29th Place (Air)
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Airgun, Gold Medalist
- 2015 World Cup Munich - 8th place
- 2015 Winter Airgun - Bronze Medalist
- 2014 World Team member
- 2014 Winter Airgun Champion
- Three-time National Junior Olympic Champion (2014, 2015, 2016)
- 2013 National Championships - Silver Medalist
- 2013 National Championships - Junior Champion
- 2013 National Junior Olympic Championships - Bronze Medalist