Date of Birth: 01/17/1991
Birthplace: Spokane, Wash.
Hometown: Spokane, Wash.
Event(s): Women’s 50m Three Position
Amanda first started shooting at 11 years old as member of the Spokane Junior Rifle Team. Her sister Lauren got into the shooting sports and Amanda wanted to be just like her, so she started shooting too. Amanda claims to be horrible when she first started and shot up the garage doors because she couldn't hit the target. Shooting is a family sport and all compete and shoot guns together. Furrer's dad shoots tactical matches and her mom shoots pistols. She qualified for the national team as a member of the 2007 Pan American Team at the age of 16. "I have met some of my best friends through the sport and I can’t imagine my life without shooting," said Furrer. "I never want to look back and wish I could have done more to prepare. I want to go into my competitions, and life in general, knowing that I did everything I could, and pushed as hard as I could to win, and then no matter what the results are, I have no regrets." Graduated in May 2013 from the in The Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University with a degree in finance. Enjoys doing anything outdoors and spending time with friends and family.
- 2012 Olympic Games, 15th Place
- 2011 National Championships, Bronze Medal
- 2011 Spring Selection, Gold Medal
- 2010 World Championships, Team Gold Medal, Team World Record
- 2010 Championship of the Americas, 6th Place
- 2010 Junior Olympic Championship, Gold Medal
- 2009 Spring Selection, Bronze Medal
- 2009 Junior Olympic Championship, Silver Medal
- 2008 Olympic Team Alternate
- 2008 Junior International Hopes Match, Gold Medal
- 2007 Pan American Games, Bronze Medal
- 2007 Junior International Hopes Match, Gold Medal