Date of Birth: 05/31/1995
Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia
Events: Men’s 10m Air Rifle
This North Carolina State standout started shooting his freshman year of high school and a year later had already earned a trip to USA Shooting’s National Junior Olympic Shooting Championships, which ultimately helped motivate him to go shoot in college. During his first year at NC State, he admits that he made major improvements to his game which helped earn him Junior National Team status and a spot at the World Championships where he finished 29th.
As a junior this past season at NC State, the sport management major became the first Wolfpack All-American since 1975 while earning an individual selection to the NCAA Championships in air rifle. At the 2016 NCAA Rifle Championship, he finished among the top 10, firing the highest score in the preliminary round to match the program record with a tally of 596.
Four-year member of JW Robinson Junior Rifle Club at Robinson Secondary School in Fairfax, VA ...Team Co-Captain (2011-2012, 2012-2013) ... Two-time recipient of Potomac High School League's "Top Gun" award for both air rifle and smallbore (2012, 2013).
Best Junior Advice: Patience is important to this sport. At times, this sport can be frustrating and juniors struggle to let new adjustments settle or fail to give their adjustments enough time to work.
- 2016 Olympian
- 2015 Winter Airgun Championships, Silver Medalist
- 2015 National Championships, 4th Place (Junior) in Air Rifle; 22nd Open
- 2015 National Junior Olympic Championships (7th Air; 17th Prone; 16th Three-Position)
- 2014 World Championships, 29th Place (Junior)
- 2014 National Junior Olympic Championships (7th Air; 4th Three-Position)
- 2013 National Junior Olympic Championships (28th Air; 33rd Prone; 34th Three-Position)
- 2012 National Junior Olympic Championships (55th Prone; 52nd Three-Position; 32nd Air)
- 2011 National Junior Olympic Championships (52nd Prone; 51st Three-Position)