Date of Birth: 5/21/91
Birthplace: Indianapolis, Ind.
Hometown: Danville, Ind.
Event(s): Women's 10m Air Rifle, Women's 50m Rifle Three Position
Sarah Beard began shooting in 2006, practicing air rifle in her basement. She is the daughter of William and Karen Beard, and has two brothers, Christopher and Stephen. Her father, a member of the 1984 Olympic Shooting Team, introduced her to competitive shooting, and they still shoot together. In addition to shooting, she enjoys hunting (duck, deer and turkey), reading, hiking, and fishing. Beard was a four-time NCAA All-American in both air and smallbore rifle while competing for the Texas Christian University Women's Rifle Team. During her tenure the program earned a pair of NCAA Championships (2010 & 2012) as well as two third-place finishes (2011 & 2013). She finished her collegiate career having helped lead the program to a 48-3 record during that span. She is currently a resident athlete at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 2013 USA Shooting National Champion in Three-Position and Prone
- 2013 USA Shooting National Championships, Bronze Medalist (Air Rifle)
- 2011 Pan American Games, Bronze Medalist (3 Position)
- 2011 National Junior Olympic Championships, Silver Medalist (Air Rifle)
- 2011 USA Shooting National Championships, Silver Medalist (Air Rifle); Gold Medalist (3 Position)
- 2010 National Junior Olympic Championship, Bronze Medalist (3 Position)
- 2010 World Championships, Gold Medalist (3 Position Jr. Women’s Team), Silver Medalist (Jr. Women’s Prone)