Date of Birth:12/22/1981
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Events: R4 - Mixed 10m Air Rifle Standing SH2, R5 – Mixed 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2, Falling Target Rifle SH2
Personal: Almlie-Ryan was playing wheelchair basketball at an adaptive sports tournament in Houston, when her final match was cancelled. The event also had an air rifle competition where the winner would get the opportunity to attend a training camp at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. She entered and won, and decided to pursue shooting.
At age 18 her spinal cord became affected by progressive myelopathy, which resulted in paralysis in her lower back and her needing the use of a wheelchair at age 22. The condition also affects her hands and arms.
Derives much of her inspiration from her daughter, Rebekah, who was born in July 2015.
A Rifle, a Baby and a Dream Come True (USA Shooting News 2015 Year in Review)
- 2016 Paralympic Games, 17th (R4), 23rd (R5)
- Earned a Paralympic Quota for United States in November 2015
- 2016 World Cup Bangkok, 4th Place (R4); 6th Place (R5)
- 2015 World Cup USA, Gold Medalist (R5); 8th Place (R4)
- 2014 National Championships, Silver Medalist (R5)