Photos courtesy of USA Shooting, ISSF (Marco Dalla Dea), Alyssa Waldrop, Dawn Faught and Jose Carlo Swayne
Applications are due by June 1, 2015
The USA Shooting Athletes' Endowment has reached the threshold for awarding of grants for the 2015 training and competition year. In this first year of grants, the award pool will be $26,994. While it is expected that the grant pool will increase significantly in future years, we are very pleased to help developing athletes along the Olympic Path with 2015 awards. Application criteria are as follows:
- Members of the National Team, Development Team or National Junior Team (past or present) are not eligible for Endowment grants;
- Members of the Junior Olympic Squad (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun) may apply for grants;
- USA Shooting membership is required at the time of application;
- Applicants must have a current USA Shooting event classification;
- Demonstrated potential in both skill and commitment are required;
- A grant application must be received at USA Shooting no later than June 1, 2015.
Applications can be mailed, faxed, or scanned and emailed to: USA Shooting, Attn: Endowment Grant Committee, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909; email email@example.com or fax 719-866-4687.
Grant funds may be used for travel, ammunition, targets, and/or fees. Payments will be made for eligible expenses on a reimbursement by receipt basis.
Our sincere appreciation is extended to the Bunker Club for making this grant program possible.
USA Shooting has developed into one of the strongest shooting teams in the world. Wining four Olympic medals at the 2012 London Olympic Games is evidence that our plan is working. It is our goal to surpass our success of the past as we have Rio in Sight in 2016.
To build on this level of achievement, USA Shooting must build a strong base of financial support to ensure that our athletes can not only compete successfully in the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but also to build an athlete base and opportunity for young shooters to achieve success into the future and as such, have developed the Athlete Endowment Fund.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $1.5 million to support the Olympic & Paralympic endeavors of the USA Shooting Team athletes.
The goals for the Athlete Endowment fund are:
- Assist aspiring and talented athletes to develop their shooting skills
- Bolster our junior shooters and their development
Upon reaching the $1.5 million goal, the Athlete Endowment will award athletes with grants to help cover training & competition expenses. Grant awards are subject to endowment income and capital appreciation in order to preserve the endowment principle.
- 100 percent of the your contribution will go into the Athlete Endowment Fund. This fund is essential to the future success of our shooting program and our Olympic and Paralympic efforts.
- Endowment gifts can be offered in a variety of ways:
- Gifts of Marketable Securities
- Gifts of Tangible Personal Property
- Gifts of Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Gold - $100,000 ($25,000 annually payable over four years)
- Silver - $50,000 ($12,500 annually payable over four years)
- Bronze - $25,000 ($6,250 annually payable over four years)
- Medalist - $5,000 (one-time gift)
- Bunker Club - $3,000 (one-time gift)
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
Attn: USA Shooting Athlete Endowment
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
To pay by credit card, please call (719) 866-4616
*Your contribution is tax deductible, please see your tax advisor for more information.