The Coach Education Program offers both basic and advanced technical and tactical skills coach training schools for rifle, pistol, shotgun and high power rifle along with training camps and clinics and a biennial Coach College and Conference. Training reflects the latest in coaching philosophy and presentation methodology along with the most up-to-date techniques and competition tactics necessary to help you and your team achieve your goals. Safety, risk management, program organization and coach ethics are key topics included in the courses.
The Coach Education Program is a cooperative effort of the major competitive shooting organizations in the United States:
- The NRA is the governing body for many domestic shooting sports programs and administers the Coach Education Program.
- The CMP is a federally-chartered not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to train U.S. citizens in marksmanship and firearm safety, with a particular emphasis on youth.
- The ATA is the governing body for American-style trapshooting. The NSSA is the governing body for American-style skeet shooting.
- The NSCA is the governing body for American sporting clays shooting.
The Coach Education Program continuously strives to provide outstanding coach education and through that, athlete training that provides a high-quality experience to every shooting athlete in order to to achieve our common mission in the shooting community. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to successfully coach their athletes. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using up-to-date training principles
- Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the sport and improves as a shooter
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance
- Learns "life lessons" that have value beyond the range
- Has fun shooting