A football coach for many years, Bill McCartney was right when he said that "a coach takes players where they can't take themselves."
Regardless of athletic ability, it requires a coach to help take athletes to the next level in his or her sport. That is why at USA Shooting we understand the impact a coach has on his or her team. USA Shooting has several programs to help enhance the talents of a shooting coach. See below for some of the resources designed to help those who help America's team.
Training reflects the latest in coaching philosophy and presentation methodology along with the most up-to-date techniques and competition tactics necessary to help you and your team achieve your goals.
- NRA/USA Shooting Coach Level 1 Certification in Pistol and Rifle
- NRA/USA Shooting Advanced Coach Level 3 Certification in Pistol and Rifle
- Coach Training Schools
- American Sport Education Program (ASEP) Courses
- Coaching Seminars and Shooting Clinics
- Coaching Levels, Credential Renewals, and Upgrades
- National Junior Shooting Camps
- National Coach Development Staff School
- Coaches' Conference and Youth Leadership Conference
- Coaching Resources
- Paralympic shooting presentation by Will Hart - November 2011
- 2014 USA Shooting Activity Calendar
- The USA Shooting Olympic Path for Junior Athletes
To learn more about the fifteen Olympic shooting sports, click on this link.
Coach and Athlete Development
Looking for more information on coaching programs or for ideas on how to start your own shooting program?
Youth Programs and Athlete Development Coordinator