Date of Birth: 4/22/1985
Hometown: Fort Towson, Okla.
Event: 10m Air Rifle Prone (R3), 50m Rifle Prone (R6)
Sergeant Kisha Makerney joined the Army National Guard in May 2002. Immediately after graduating high school, she served her first tour of duty in Iraq with her battallion, the 120th Engineers Combat (Heavy) as an equipment operator and a machine gunner for her battallion security team.
In June 2005, Kisha had a motorcycle accident that left her without a left leg below the knee. Determined to stay in the military, she returned to duty, and served a second tour in Iraq, as the first female amputee to return to combat.
Kisha grew up with a knack and a love for shooting. She discovered competitive shooting during the Endeavor Games in 2009. She was recruited in 2010 by the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit while competing in the Warrior Games.
Kisha enjoys hunting, fishing, spending time with her family and friends and the ever oncoming adventures in her life. She credits her success to her faith and her supportive family and friends.
- 2011 Rocky Mountain Championships, Gold Medalist (Mixed Air Prone R3)
- 2011 Alicante World Cup, 19th Place (Air Prone R3)
- 2011 Alicante World Cup, MQS achieved (Rifle Prone R6)
- 2011 National Championship, Gold Medalist (Air Prone R3)
- 2011 World Cup Fort Benning, 12th Place (Air Prone R3)